April 13, 2015
0 comments Birthdays, Decades, Decorations, Featured, Party Planning, Retirement Community Ideas, Spring, Summer 1920s, 1950s, 1960s, 1980s, celebration ideas, party theme ideas, retro decades, Saints and Sinners party theme, shabby chic, superhero theme, western, zombie theme
Just because there is not a major holiday during the month doesn’t you can’t have a party. It just means you have to get a little creative about what and how to celebrate. To help make the decision easier, we’ve put together a list of 5 party themes that are trending right now. Choose your favorite and get ready to celebrate.
1) Saints and Sinners
One of the newest trends in party themes is also one of the most versatile; you you can take it in any direction and go as simple or as elaborate as you like. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Angels and Devils – Hand out gold leis and devil horn headbands.
- Superheroes and Villains – Have guests dress as their favorite superhero or baddie.
- Heaven and Hell – Use white and gold decorations on one half of the room and black and red decorations on the other half.
Everyone is a superhero at heart, so why not have a party and invite them all? Choose a specific theme, like Avengers, or have a “Create Your Own Superhero” party where guests come in costumes that represent their inner good guy (or gal). Decorate in traditional superhero party colors of blue, red, and gold.
Zombies are everywhere, and they are not just for Halloween anymore. Invite all the zombies you know for a fun party to honor their kind. Full zombie make up required. Be sure to do everything (music, dancing, speaking, eating, etc.) at zombie speed: SLOW. Use zombie decorations to complete the look.
4) Retro Decades
A “Blast From the Past” party is always a popular option. Choose your favorite decade and dress, decorate, and dine accordingly:
- 1920s – Go Gatsby glam with black and gold decorations, fedoras, and feather tiaras. Offer classic cocktails, and jazz up the party with music from the era.
- 1950s – Set up a malt shop diner and serve shakes, burgers, and fries. Encourage everyone to come wearing ‘50s fashions and have a sock hop with classic ‘50s tunes.
- 1960s – The era of tie dye and peace signs! Decorate in the brightest colors you can find, and mix and match for the full 1960’s party effect.
- 1980s – OMG! This is totally the best retro decade party theme ever! Have guests dress in their finest ‘80’s fashions, and award a prize for the best “worst” outfit. Hand out neon sunglasses as party favors.
5) Shabby Chic
Put your own twist on this rustic and elegant theme by mixing and matching denim or burlap tablecloths, Mason jar centerpieces, western decorations, and tons of bling, like sparkling chandeliers and sequined fabrics.
Without the parameters of a major holiday or event to define your options, the sky’s the limit when it comes to parties. Because sometimes, the best reason to celebrate is no reason at all.