April 12, 2016
The Fourth of July is always full of fun and excitement, for kids, grandparents, and everyone in between. This year, make your Independence Day celebration extra special with 10 great tips to cover the entire day, from decorations to food to games.
- Set up a red, white, and blue beverage station with Watermelon Mint Water. It fits right in with the décor, and keeps everyone nice and cool on a hot day. Go to the bottom of this blog to find the recipe for this treat!
2. Add some patriotic pizzazz to your picnic tables. Secure Pennant String Banners along the table edges.
3. Transform drab picnic tables into a patriotic paradise with red, white, and blue “vases.” All you need are some white glasses and Tissue Lanterns. Fit the glass into the lantern, then add some flowers.
4. Fruit Kabobs as snacks or appetizers. Use mini cookie cutters to cut melons into fun shapes. Then thread them onto skewers for a festive look.
5. Many Fourth of July parties are held on the beach. Take advantage of your surroundings and have a sand castle contest. Let people add red, white, and blue accents as embellishments.
6. Create handmade touches to your party space. Add the stars and stripes to pickle jars or mason jars, then put a tea light inside each one. Line your steps or walkways with your DIY luminaries!
7. Set the scene for nighttime parties with embellished White Paper Lanterns. Simply cut patriotic ribbon and secure a strip around the lantern with double stick tape. Then string your lanterns from tree boughs.
8. Red and blue crepe streamer can be used to create a table weave. Cut lengths of crepe streamer to match your table cover length, and weave them together to create a unique table decoration.
9. Surprise your party guests with Trivia Time. Gather some facts about American history, divide guests into teams, and have fun. The winners can be first to the dessert table.
10. Keep a bucket of water close by when twilight rolls around. As party guests light the sparklers, they will stay after they’re done burning. Having water buckets around for dousing will keep people safe.
Do you have more helpful and/or creative tips for a fun and safe Fourth of July? Let us know. We love to hear your feedback.
Watermelon Mint Water Recipe
(Recipe courtesy of Marcella Valladolid at foodnetwork.com)
4 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
1/2 cup water
24 mint leaves, divided
8 tbsps. super-fine sugar (adjust if too sweet when using a naturally sweeter watermelon), divided
4 very thin lime slices, halves into half moons, divided
Add the watermelon and the water to a blender, and puree until smooth.
Divide the mint leaves, sugar, and lime slices among 8 glasses and muddle the ingredients.
Add ice to each glass and pour in the watermelon agua fresco.
Stir and serve.